Agencies that choose to partner with United Way of Southeast Alaska will benefit by:
- Funding: Allows donors to designate gifts directly to our partner agencies. In addition, we encourage undesignated gifts
that fund our Community Impact Grants program. In 2012, we awarded $27,000 in grants to support vital programs and
services in Southeast Alaska.
- Enhanced Credibility: Donors know that our partner agencies have been reviewed by a volunteer team of CPAs and
financial experts and meet our standards of excellence. At United Way of Southeast Alaska, we stand behind our partner
- Publicity & Awareness: Partner agencies are included in campaign materials and publicity that helps build community
awareness of each agency’s role and impact in our communities.
- Networking: Partner agencies participate in the Nonprofit Leadership Council (in Juneau or by teleconference in the region),
a group of agency leaders that meet regularly to work on collaborative projects, share information, obtain professional
development and provide mutual support. In addition, we convene groups dedicated to community initiatives in the areas of
health, income stability, and education as well as provide information by email that may be of interest such as grants, trends
or new regulations.
- Resource Development: Partner agencies benefit from our community-building activities such as; community research,
special grants, Day of Caring events, volunteer development and referrals, collaborative grant writing, and other partnership
activities that leverage resources and results.