Every hour of every day, an Alaskan needs essential services - from finding food and shelter to securing adequate care for a child or an aging parent. Faced with multiple directories and an array of social service agencies, people often don't know where to turn or how to get started. In many cases, they end up going without these necessary services.
Alaska 2-1-1 is a free, confidential, and multilingual health and human services information and referral system operated by United Way of Anchorage on behalf of all United Ways in Alaska.
Alaska 2-1-1 ensures that the health and human services system works for Alaskans by connecting people with the right services instead of the frustrating and time-wasting hit-or-miss connections made by people calling multiple agencies on their own behalf trying to find the right office or program or person. Health and human services are only valuable when they get to the right people with the right level of efficacy and efficiency. Alaska 2-1-1 supports all health and social service providers' plans to be adaptive, flexible and responsive to the needs of Alaskans.
Contact Alaska 2-1-1
2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221
With Alaska 2-1-1, callers can receive referrals for:
- Basic Needs: Food, Clothing, Shelter, Temporary Financial Assistance, Transportation, Disaster
- Health Resources: Crisis Intervention, Prenatal Care, Support Groups, Counseling, Drug & Alcohol Intervention, Rehabilitation, Children’s Health Insurance
- Financial Stability: Job Referrals, Income Tax Credits, WIC, Credit Counseling, Food Stamps, Rent & Utility Assistance, Unemployment Benefits, Job & Education Programs
- Elder & Disability Support: Home Care, Adult Day Care, Congregate Meals, Meals on Wheels, Respite Care, Transportation, Homemaker Services
- Family Support: Childcare, After-School Programs, Family Resources, Summer Camps, Recreation Programs, Mentoring, Tutoring, Protective Services
- Community Crisis/ Disaster Recovery: 2-1-1 Systems in Other States Have Proven Valuable in Disaster Relief Efforts.
Alaska 2-1-1 utilizes Language Line to communicate with limited-English speaking callers in a variety of languages, including: Russian, Korean, Tagalog, Yupik & Hmong.